Tuesday, June 7, 2011

*EDIT* Top 3 Winner of this CASE Study Challenge #42


*EDIT* I just found out that I am one of the winners of the Top 3 Award at CASE Study and I'm thrilled! Such an honor to be chosen one of the winners where the inspiration for the card came from Jill Foster! This is some great company to be in ;-)
I happened to be on the CASE study challenge blog and thought I would give it a try. The muse there this month is Jill Foster, who's work I just love! Here's my take on her card...



Since Jill's card has white embossed flowers and a teal background, I wanted to stay with that. I started my card by stamping the sunflower images (Stampendous) in Versamark on a white cardstock panel, then covering with white embossing powder. After heatsetting, I applied Distress ink in yellows and oranges to the sunflowers, taking care not to color over the white lines into the background area. I then started to color the background to make this teal color with blue and green Distress ink. I then used a brown Distress ink to add some randomly spaced dots to the background. The brown was also used for the centers of the flowers and the edges of the panel and for the sentiment. I stamped a few tiny butterflies (Papertrey Ink) and cut them out of white cardstock. I then attached them around the card using Glossy Accents and covered them with teal Stickles. Lastly, I attached the sentiment with some foam tape. Hope you enjoy the card. TFL!

9 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful!! Love how you coloured those big embossed sunflowers and then stayed with the teal for the background, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, what a gorgeous card, Lisa! Love this fabulous take on Jill's card! Your distressing is wonderful and I love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card just blows me again! TRULY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I meant to say "blows me away!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzers, Lisa...this came out spectacular! Those colors on the flowers are so eye catching against the blue/green background! An awesome take on Jill's inspiration card...thanks for playing along with CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! Talk about gorgeous!! Well done on the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are amazing Lisa!!!!! Congrats on the win. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful! I love that teal background and your flowers are amazing! Congratulations on your win! YAY! :)

    ReplyDelete