Monday, June 27, 2011

*EDIT* Top Three Winner of this CASE Study Challenge #45

Here is this week's card from Jill Foster on the CASE Study Challenge Blog. Below is my take on it.


*EDIT* I am one of the winners of the Top Three Award at CASE Study for this card, which was inspired by Jill Foster's card above. So happy ;-)
Since Jill's take on her own card used some text, I decided to use a whole page from an old book. I tore the edges to fit my white card base. I stamped the bird and branch image from Rubber Soul in black soot Distress Ink on the page. I then started to lay in the color, all with Distress Inks. Antique linen and mustard seed for the yellows and then peeled paint and faded jeans for the blues and greens. I adhered the page to the white card. I hand cut the label shape after I stamped the thinking of you sentiment. I inked the edges of the label with antique linen, a small amount of the faded jeans and finished it off with walnut stain and adhered it to the card. Lastly, I added the same colors around the whole card to tie it together. TFL!

9 comments:

  1. Love the way the old book page looks, Lisa! Beautiful distressing and love the silhouette of the bird and branch! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *heart* these Lisa! Especially the first one. The shading & blocking is beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! Love your background, it's perfect with the text and bird silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous! OMG I have the text behind the bird silhouette image. Thanks for playing at CASE Study this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Amazing design, look like so much work, but totally worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your card is very special! When I first saw it I fell in love, the bird and fading text....it has a romantic feel. I'm so happy you had a win with that card. Peace, Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  7. The text, the colors, the inking, the stamping, the distressing.... another stunner! YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your Top 3 at CASE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card! The colors are great and I love how you used the book page in your card! Awesome :)

    ReplyDelete