Tuesday, July 5, 2011

CASE Study Challenge #46

Well, it's Jill Foster's last week at CASE Study Challenge blog and I thought I would submit one more card. I found this week difficult since I'm on vacation and working with very limited supplies. Below is my take on Jill's lovely card above.


I started coloring some white cardstock with Distress Inks in reds, yellows, and blues. I then punched out the cosmos flowers with a Martha Stewart punch. I adhered the flowers with pop dots to a white card that I had previously embossed with a Cuttlebug swiss dot folder. In the center of the flowers I glued a small black glass bead. I trimmed the card down a bit and with the leftover piece I cut a small banner for the Paper Trey sentiment which I stamped in black ink. I cut a thin strip of black cardstock to go beneath the sentiment which I pop-dotted and adhered to the card. TFL!



9 comments:

  1. I love how this turned out, Lisa! Very nicely done; you caught her colors almost exactly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those vibrant flowers, Lisa...they are so eye catching! What great inspiration you've derived from Jill's card! Glad to have you playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how lovely and cheerful! Great graphic design, jumped right out at me from the gallery :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. For 'limited supplies' you have certainly achieved a fantastic result! Love your CAS design and those wonderful colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous Lisa! the CAS layout is brilliant, the flowers are stunning, perfectly shown off against the white background!
    Thanks for sharing at CASE study this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, you could make art on a deserted island! I can't believe you made this amazing card with so few supplies! You are uber talented girl! Hope you are enjoying the warm weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm slow getting around to see this but I'm glad I made it! This is just beautiful! I love your colorful rows of flowers- all so beautifully distressed! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards! They are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that first card. Nice!!

    ReplyDelete