I've been holding on to this post for awhile now and now I'd like to let you guys know that a project of mine was published in the latest Paper Crafts Holiday Cards and I am THRILLED!
I submitted this sled ornament last May and it was selected! Oh so happy! ;-) Here are the details:
1. Start by drawing the sled’s elements on white mat board then cut with a craft knife.
2. Color all boards with warm red chalk ink and rails with metallic gray acrylic paint. Let dry completely.
3. Using the fine black marker, draw woodgrain lines on all the boards.
4. Using Glossy Accents, glue all the pieces into the sled shape.
5. Stamp the holly image on white cardstock and color with pencils.
6. Cut three 2” pieces of silver wire and spiral one end. Start by bending a small bit of wire and then continue winding just with your fingers. Glue to sled’s steering board.
7. Adhere holly over wires and top with red glass beads.
8. Punch multiple white snowflakes and glue to sled in a random pattern.
9. Stamp sentiment on white cardstock and hand cut into curved banner shape. Add stitches to banner with black marker and glue to sled.
10. Lastly, add metallic silver hanging thread.
Rubber Stamp: Seasons’s Greetings, C2853 Hero Arts
Clear Stamp: Holly, Pattern Play Holiday Set Inkadinkado
Thursday, October 20, 2011
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
For this week's challenge at CASE study challenge blog, I thought I would focus on the color scheme and also using the butterfly element from the original card. I started with white cardstock and colored it with Distress ink in mustard seed. I then overstamped it with Penny Black's majestic composition damask stamp, also in mustard seed. I stamped a thin cream colored piece of cardstock with a music pattern from Impression Obsession. The leaves are from Sizzix and the butterfly is from Memory Box. I colored the background piece of the butterfly in tumbled glass Distress ink and the tiny sentiment is from Paper Trey Ink. I matted the main image on a piece of cardstock I colored with more tumbled glass and mounted the whole thing on a kraft card. TFL!
Saturday, October 1, 2011
Thought I would do an untraditional Christmas card today using the Penny Black pointsettia. The whole card and flowers started with white cardstock. For the green flower, I first stamped in shabby shutters Distress Ink and then colored the flower with old paper Distress Ink. The white flower is just stamped in an aged gold ink. For the red flower, I stamped in Versamark and then used gold embossing powder. I colored the flower with fired brick Distress Ink. The card itself was completely colored with vintage photo Distress Ink. I adhered the flowers with foam tape for dimension. I stamped the Noel with a Hero Arts alphabet, in gold ink. Lastly, I used gold Stickles for the center of each flower and framed the outer edge with a gold leaf pen. TFL!