Friday, May 20, 2011

Stamp Group Challenge

I get together with a great bunch of people every month at our LSS. In April, we all brought in a stamped image to exchange with another person. The challenge was to take it home and make a card with it for the following month. I got two images. The first was this owl that was stamped in black on white cardstock. I thought it looked like it should be in a tree so I drew this tree on brown cardstock and cut it out. I overstamped it with Hero Arts Magical Background stamp in brown ink. I punched the hole in the tree with a large oval punch. For the main card, I started with a white card that I colored with Distress ink to color the sky then overstamped it with the same Hero Arts background stamp in blue. Before gluing the tree to the card, I used black Distress ink to color the back of the punched hole where the owl sits. I punched the green leaves, with a petal punch, from green stock that I stamped with a leaf pattern. I glued these on, bending some for dimension. I colored the owl with watercolor pencils, cut it out and finished with Glossy Accents for the eyes. I cut a small tag down to size and stamped hello with a Papertrey stamp in black ink and tied it on with twine.



The second image I received was this bird sitting on these branches, stamped in black, brown, and red on yellow cardstock. I first punched the image out with a large scallop punch. I punched what was left over of the plain cardstock with a large scallop border punch and set aside. For the main card, I chose white and glued a patterned paper to it that had a small amount of red to go with the heart on the tail of the bird. I used a coordinating paper with the left over stock and used it for the left border. I tied the to elements together with red grograin ribbon topped with a small white ribbon. I cut a small tag and stamped a Papertrey sentiment in black ink and attached it with the white ribbon. I pop dotted the main image and adhered it to the card. Since the coordinating paper didn't have any red on it, I used colored pencils to add some along with some white. I aslo added white dots to the background paper and the heart with a white marker to tie it all together. TFL!

4 comments:

  1. Love both of these, Lisa! That tree is fabulous! Looks so cool with the Magical Background and perfect for that owl! Love the bird image too! Wonderful paper! Hope you're well and have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful idea Lisa! Your cards are both lovely! They're like little pieces of art!

    ReplyDelete