Wednesday, June 23, 2010

California poppies

All stamps Hero Arts; gate CG180, poppies CL449

Since returning from sunny California, I thought it appropriate to stamp some poppies. I colored an orange piece of cardstock with barn door distress ink to make the poppy colored card. I then sprayed it with Perfect Pearls in water. For the floral image, I used peeled paint distress ink over white cardstock for the green color. I then stamped the poppies in brown ink on white cardstock that i colored this poppy color with multiple distress inks. I then cut each of the poppies out and set aside. I then made a mask of all the poppies and then stamped the gate with black ink over the mask. I then used black embossing powder on the gate. I then glued all the poppies on the card. I finished the edge with more distress ink. Once the green panel was on the card, I glued on three tiny black beads to the bottom of the card. TFL!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Happy Day! These poppies are so yummy!!! Thanks for posting them for everyone to see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa! So nice to see a post from you! Love this beautiful card! Those two stamps are striking together! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I love the bold red poppies against the black gate! Such a creative idea and you executed it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Perfect masking!! I love how bright the poppies are :)

    ReplyDelete